COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In October 2021, to protect the health and safety of staff and athletes, and in recognition of the complexity of camp and competition environments, Nordiq Canada required that all people participating in Nordiq Canada-led camps or competition trips must be:
- Fully vaccinated as defined by the Government of Canada, OR
- Provide a medical exemption or be ineligible for vaccination (for reasons such as age) AND provide a current negative PCR test result every 72 hours.
Nordiq Canada encouraged athletes and staff who may be eligible for selection or participation to get vaccinated as soon as possible, both to support Canada’s pandemic response and to ensure they are able to participate in upcoming camps and competitions.
Effective December 20, 2021, the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy – Event Attendance & Participation will apply to all events organized or hosted by Nordiq Canada. This includes:
- Nordiq Canada camps, competition trips and national team activities.
- Any in-person meeting or activity organized by Nordiq Canada.
*Note that this list is non-exhaustive and additional events and activities may apply
The health of our entire community – athletes at all levels, coaches, volunteers, staff and spectators – will always be our number one priority.
Domestic Guidelines and Communications
Nordiq Canada’s approach to events and activities organized or hosted by member clubs and Divisions remains unchanged.
Nordiq Canada fully supports the public health officials leading Canada’s pandemic response.
- Members and member organizations must follow public health orders in place where they operate.
- Divisions, clubs and organizing committees have Nordiq Canada’s support to implement additional rules, guidelines and best practices that make sense where they operate; for example, Nordiq Canada will support organizing committees who limit participation in sanctioned events according to vaccination status.
- Resources are available on the Nordiq Canada website; please determine and feel free to use the resources that apply to your situation. These resources include the status of planned competitions.
- Regardless of decisions made at local levels, Nordiq Canada encourages vaccination as our best shot at a season and your best shot to be eligible to race across jurisdictions and participate in Nordiq Canada-led camps and competitions.
Nordiq Canada’s pandemic response is guided by this Scenario Plan.